2018 MSWPS PRESIDENT
Carmel O’Connor is a mid career Melbourne and Western District artist. Carmel works in Painting, Printmaking and Tapestry with studios in Melbourne and Darlington. Awards: AGNSW- Archibald Prize Finalist 2002, Mortlake Art Prize- Best in Show 2016.
QUALIFICATIONS: Honour Bachelor Degree (Fine Art) Monash. Graduate Diploma of Education.
I enjoy being part of this established women’s art group because I can be among likeminded people.
We meet regularly at the Ola Cohn Centre to enjoy each others company whilst discussing art history, current events both locally and internationally.
Whilst solitary in my art practice this group allows me to be connected to the broader art community in Melbourne. Please email me or see me on Facebook if you have any inquiries or wish to visit my studio.
Solo Exhibitions (selected)
- 2017 New Landscapes, Marios , Fitzroy
- 2017 TAPESTRY NOW, Richmond Library, Richmond
Invitation/Group Exhibitions (selected)
- 2017 Say it with Flowers, CCHAIC, Camperdown, Victoria
- 2017 Changing Perspectives, Victorian Artists Society, Melbourne
- 2017 12 Linocut Designs – Lions Club Walk, Terang, Victroia
- 2016 Best in Show, Mortlake Art Exhibition
- 2012 Finalist, SILK CUT Linocut Award, City of Glen Eira
- 2012 Finalist, St. Patrick’s College, Art Prize, Ballarat
- 2002 Finalist, Archibald Prize, AGNSW
- 2016 image, Hegele’s Owl. Author- Sheridan Palmer. POWER Publications.
- 2006 Artlink Vol 26 No. 4 page 85
- 2005 ART + AUSTRALIA debates, dollars & delusions. Patricia Anderson. Pandora Press
- 2005 Art Monthly Australia. April 2005 No. 178, page 35
- 2002 Art Monthly Australia. November 2002 No. 155 page 21
- Monash University, Caulfield Campus Men in Doorways includes 1 tapestry and 6 paintings.
- Public Records Office of Victoria. Portrait of Harry Nunn, First Keeper of Public Records.