Maureen’s love of painting has been lifelong. Though not formally trained, she has spent the past 40 years seeking tutors to further her knowledge to study and understand the technical aspects of the painting process. Painting predominantly in Watercolour’s and Oils, she will often change to another medium as she believes it helps to keep the work fresh and clean.
Her preference when painting is on site. En Plein Air, she has a studio when the weather is not suitable for painting outdoors. Living at Cape Paterson, Victoria, the sea is her main subject, though also loves to travel further afield to visit the High Country, with its magnificent Manna Gums, or a landscape with a beautiful sunset.
She was won numerous prizes and her paintings are in collections in Australia and overseas. A longtime member of the Victorian Artists Society, Australian Guild of Realist Artists, and Bass Coast Artists Society, her most recent solo exhibition was held at VAS in 2015. In 2016 she was accepted as a full member of the Melbourne Society of Women Painters and Sculptors. Maureen has also recently had a feature in the Bass Coast Post, Home-grown talent series.
Solo Exhibitions (selected)
- 2015 Victorian Artists Society, Melbourne
Invitation/Group Exhibitions (selected)
- 1987-1996 Gippsland Eight, exhibited twice a year for 10 years
- 2007 Town and Country exhibition
- 1993, 95 & 96 Bass Coast Art Show, Winner Best Painting
- 2008 Bass Coast Artist Society, Best in Show.
- 2011 & 2012 Bass Coast Artist Society, Best Watercolour and Best Pastel
- 1990 Murdered Swagman’s Ghost watercolors’ poetry
- 2009-13 University of the Third Age
- 2005-09 Headway, Wonthaggi.
- 1999 Corinella Art Show Judge
- 2005 Inverloch Art Show Judge
- 2010 Wonthaggi Art Show Judge
- Bass Coast Artist Society
- Private Collections