QUALIFICATIONS: Diploma of Illustration, RMIT
Roz McQuillan graduated from R.M.I.T. with the Diploma of Illustration, and worked in children’s book illustration for many years. She has a passionate interest in portraits and the figure, and works in a number of mediums, including pastel, charcoal and conte, pen and ink, gouache, watercolour, acrylics, pencil, photography, mixed media, and currently, oils. Her work, including commissioned portraits and nudes, is represented in many private collections, both Australian and International, and she has won a number of prizes and Highly Commendeds.
Solo Exhibitions (selected)
- Tacit Gallery Abbotsford, 2016
- Lentil As Anything, Northcote, 2016
- Animals in Art, AGRA, 2015
- Beth Hulme Gallery, Fitzroy, 2014
Invitation/Group Exhibitions (selected)
- Group Exhibition, Gallery 9, Como, 2016
- ‘Lady Face’ exhibition at Lentil As Anything, Northcote, 2015.
- ‘Best Drawing’, Sherbrooke Art Society Spring Exhibition 2014
- Winner, ‘Animals in Art 2015’
- Highly Commended in Australian Guild of Realist Artist’s Autumn Exhibition 2015..
- Winner, Constance Wu Award, MSWPS Annual Exhibition 2016
- Nudes : Drawings by Roz McQuillan
- Noisy Rain Magazine, Issue #2
- Dogs : Photographs by Roz McQuillan
- Melbourne Graffiti : Photographs by Roz McQuillan
- Female Nudes : Paintings and Drawings by Roz McQuillan ( copy in the National Library of Australia )