As a realist/impressionist artist, painting predominantly in oil paint, my fascination is with light.
I am continually seeking subjects to paint which evoke emotions through light.
With light, or lack of it, moods are created. This inspires me to paint, to capture it on canvas, whether it be landscape painted en plein air or portraits and still life in my studio.
Carole Milton is a recognised Australian artist whose work has been exhibited in many of the major cities of the world. Her paintings are realist/impressionist and her subjects vary from still-life to portrait and landscapes.
Born and studied art in Melbourne, Carole is on the register of the National Gallery of Victoria and the Women’s Art Register. She is an exhibiting member of the Victorian Artists’ Society, Assistant Secretary of the Melbourne Society of Women Painters and Sculptors and a past President of the Australian Guild of Realist Artists and a member of The Watercolour Society of Victoria.
An award winning artist; Carole has held solo exhibitions in Sydney and Melbourne and in 2016 was invited to exhibit in the Looking Down Under Exhibition Imago Mundi – of Australian Contemporary Art – Biennale Venice Italy. Also Carole’s artwork was included in a cultural exchange touring exhibition of the People’s Republic of China. Her work appeared in a selected exhibition “Australian in Paris’ at Meremesil Fine Arts in Paris and at the Geimbert Gallery, New York. Carole was also selected to exhibit with the Royal Artists Society in the Pall Mall Galleries in London.
Carole is an experienced teacher, demonstrator and judge.
Carole Milton’s biography can be found in most books on Artists in Australia.
- Looking Down Under – Fabrica –Imago Ipunw- Italy
- A Dictionary of Women Artists of Australia – Max Germaine
- Biography in Davenport’s International Art Reference and Price Guide
- 50 Australian Artists Volume 1 – John Mutsaers
- Artists and Galleries of Australia and New Zealand Vol 2 – Max Germaine
- Australian Artists Today First, Second & Third Editions –Graeme Norris
- Video into Art –Schmeling Art Video Australia
- Editorial Features – Cover & feature article in The Bulletin –
Womens Art Register 2015, Antiques and Art Magazine, Australian Artist Magazine
Exhibitions and Awards:
- Their Unique Magic, 2017 Selected Exhibition, Media House Gallery, Melbourne
- Finalist – Victorian Artist of the Year, 2014, 2015, 2016; Victorian Artists Society
- Best Peninsula Seascape Award, Flinders Art Show 2016
- Victorian Artist Society signatory membership for artistic achievement 2015
- Melbourne Society of Women Painters and Sculptors 100thcelebration exhibition and book launch
- Australia Post stamp design acceptance
- Art cards by Art Publishing, printed and distributed Australia and United Kingdom
- Imago Mundi – Luciano Benetton Collection Italy – Looking Down Under Exhibition – Australian contemporary art; Biennale Venice 2016
- Womens Art Register – As if: 40 years and beyond
- In Tribute – Glen Eira Gallery, Elsternwick, Victoria
- The Beauties of Nature– McGraths Art Gallery, Sydney
- Visual Scents Exhibition – Acorn Gallery, Armadale, Victoria
- Reflected Beauty – Acorn Gallery, Armadale, Victoria
- Herald Sun Camberwell Rotary Art Show – Chair of Judging Panel
- An Artist for all Seasons – Acorn Gallery, Armadale, Victoria
- Australian in New York, Gelmbert Studios, New York USA
- Australian in Paris, Miromesnil Fine Art, Paris France
- Pall Mall Galleries London UK – Exhibition with Royal Society of British Artists
- Warrnambool Regional Art Gallery
- Cultural Exchange Touring Exhibition of China
- Art in Windows Project – City of Melbourne
- Mildura Regional Art Gallery, Victoria
- Hamilton Regional Art Gallery, Victoria
- Luciano Benneton Foundation, Italy
- Elliot Newspaper Group,
- Maytex Trading Company,
- The Kiwi International Co. Ltd
- Private collections – Australia, New Zealand, USA, Europe, Middle East and Japan
Registrations and Memberships:
- National Gallery of Victoria Register
- Women’s Art Register
- Victorian Artists Society – Signatory Member
- Melbourne Society of Women Painters and Sculptors (Committee Member and
- President of Australian Guild of Realist Artists (1991 – 1992)